In some cases user may need to wifi key view for connected wifi in windows 10. It is possible that you forget your wifi password, and you have to add a new device in the network. You will need to use your wifi password to add the new device. Anyway, the user may search for best method on How to check wifi password on windows 10. If you are one those users and want to check wifi password on windows 10, than you are at the right place now. In this post we are going to discuss how to check wifi password in windows 10.
Note: I recommend you to watch the video on How to check wifi password on windows 10 at the end of this post.
How to check wifi password on windows 10
To check wifi password in windows 10 you have to go through the following procedure.
- First of all go to Start button, and open settings.
- In settings window, click on Network and Internet option.
- In the Network and Internet option window, open Change adapter option below Status section.
- Now you will see the Network Connections These are all your network connections which you have on your computer or laptop.
- Double click on the required wireless connection to know the wifi password. Wifi status window will open.
- In wifi status windows click on Wireless Properties.It will open a new popup window.
- Click on security tab in this window and the click on show characters option button for wifi key wiew.
- In Network Security Key text box your wifi password would be shown.
It‘s all the procedure to show wifi password in windows 10 if you are connected to it. In case, if you are not currently connected to the wifi connection, to which you want to see the password, you can use the following procedure.
Wifi Key View Using Command Prompt
You can view the wifi key of a network to which you have previously connected and now it is disconnected due to any reason. You can use the command prompt to wifi key view. Go through the following procedure to check the wifi password using command prompt.
- First of all go to the start and search for cmd. Command Prompt will appear.
- Open the Command Prompt as administrator by right clicking on it.
- In Command Prompt, Type the following code to see all the networks and their passwords. And press the Enter button.
netsh wlan show profile
- It will display the name of all the previously connected networks; find your required network name.
- Now type the following code to view the password of the network.
Note: change the text “Network Name” to your required network name.
netsh wlan show profile “NETWORK NAME” key=clear
- After typing the code in command prompt hit the Enter button. It will display all the information of the network.
- In security setting section of wifi information you will see “key Content” and in right side of the text you will see the password.
That’s all you done.
It was the method to show wifi password if it is not currently connected. Once again I am declaring that this method is to view the password of previously connected networks.
Share the post on, how to check wifi password on windows 10 with your friends.